If you’ve ever touched your face and felt rough, patchy skin, there’s a good chance that you could use a good face scrub. When dead skin cells accumulate on your skin, it can lead to a wide array of aesthetic issues that can leave you feeling uncomfortable. Fortunately, men’s facial scrubs are specifically designed to meet the unique needs of men’s skin, without being too rough on the face. That said, if you’ve never used a face scrub before, you probably have a few questions.
For instance, what does a facial scrub for men actually do? What are the benefits of men’s face scrub? Finally, where can you get a high-quality face scrub at an affordable price?
In today’s guide, we will answer all of these questions and more, so let’s get started!
What Is Face Scrub?
Face scrubs are aptly named, as they are specifically designed to scrub (or exfoliate) the skin of your face. In other words, a face scrub can be used to remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, and generally improve the texture of your skin. Though the exact method varies from one face scrub to the next, exfoliation is often achieved thanks to the gritty particles present in the scrub. When massaged into the skin, these particles facilitate the gentle removal of the top, superficial layer of dead skin cells.
Face scrub manufacturers typically formulate varied face scrubs to cater to different skin types and concerns. Ingredients often include natural exfoliants like sand or even lab-formulated particles. Though your particular needs will always be the most important factor, it is generally advisable to opt for a face scrub that makes use of natural ingredients.
And while it may be easy to assume that face scrubs and exfoliants are a relatively new invention, they’ve actually been around in one form or another for centuries. Ancient Egyptians exfoliated using alabaster particles, while Greeks and Romans had a much more hands-on method. Rather than utilizing tiny particles, Ancient Greeks and Romans covered themselves in olive oil and then scraped the oil off with a metal tool. While this primarily offered a way to get clean without the luxury of soap, it also worked as a strong, full-body exfoliation. Fortunately, we now have facial scrubs so you won’t have to break out the olive oil any time soon!
Face Scrub Vs Face Wash
Many people confuse face scrubs and face wash, but the two serve different roles. As previously mentioned, a face scrub is primarily used for exfoliation. It helps wipe away the old layer of skin so that a newer, fresher layer of skin can take its place.
Alternatively, a face wash does exactly that — it washes your face! It works as a cleanser that can wash away daily grime, dirt, and even excess oils. What makes these two products confusing is that there is a fair amount of crossover in what they do. For example, both face scrub and face wash cleanse the face. However, a face scrub actually takes things a step further.
With a face scrub, you get a mild cleanser that also exfoliates. For this reason, many men choose to use a combination of face scrubs and washes. The face scrub does a little bit of cleansing and a lot of exfoliating, while a face wash does a lot of cleansing and just a little bit of exfoliating. Using the two together ensures that your keeping the skin of your face squeaky clean and fully exfoliated!
Benefits Of Exfoliating Face Scrub
You’re probably aware that skincare experts recommend regular facial exfoliation, but how does it actually benefit you? Let’s take a closer look at some of the real and verified benefits of an exfoliating facial scrub:
- Enhanced Brightness - As dead skin cells accumulate on your face, you will have to deal with a “dull” complexion. The problem is that you may not notice the issue until you actually exfoliate. Once you see the results, you’ll understand that an exfoliating scrub can remove the dull outer layer of skin and create a much brighter complexion.
- Smoother Skin Texture - Without a bit of extra help, the skin of your face will often feel bumpy and uneven. This is normal, but this uneven texture can be improved with regular exfoliation. A face scrub can help you even out rough patches and reduce flaky skin.
- Better Absorption - When you’ve got a layer of dead skin covering your healthy skin cells, it can make it much harder to benefit from moisturizers, serums, and other skin treatments. After a facial scrub clears away dead skin cells, you’ll often see much better absorption of other skincare products.
- More Rigorous Unclogging - If you struggle with clogged pores, a strong face scrub offers one of the best ways to unclog pores without being too rough on your skin. This is particularly useful if you want to avoid acne breakouts or simply reduce the risk of pimples.
- Increased Collagen Production - When you exfoliate with a face scrub, you stimulate the skin of your face to produce more collagen. This, in turn, can help reduce signs of aging by improving both the firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- Reduced Risk of Irritation - Ingrown hairs can be painful and unsightly. Regular exfoliation reduces the risk of ingrown hairs and other irritation caused by shaving. If a face scrub isn’t enough on its own, you might consider an ingrown hair treatment.
- Improved Circulation - As you apply face scrub, you naturally massage the skin, which can improve blood circulation. Though this is an indirect benefit of face scrubs, it can generally help give your face a healthy glow.
How To Use Face Scrub
A face wash and a face scrub are often applied in the same ways, which can make it even easier to manage your entire skincare routine. However, if you’ve never used either product or simply want a refresher course, check out these steps to learn how to properly use face scrub:
- Wet the skin of your face with warm water
- Apply a quarter-sized dollop of face scrub to your hand
- Massage the facial scrub all over your face and neck, moving your fingers in a circular motion; apply a medium degree of pressure, but don’t press too hard, as this could cause unnecessary irritation
- Rinse off the scrub with warm water
- Pat your face dry with a towel
It is generally advisable to use a face scrub between 1 and 3 times per week, though your needs may vary. After using a face scrub, consider applying a good moisturizer to help keep your face well-hydrated.
The Best Face Scrub For Men
If you’re looking for a quality face scrub for men that utilizes natural ingredients, you can’t go wrong with Anthony’s Facial Scrub. It combines a variety of natural and refreshing ingredients like Bora Bora white sand, aloe vera, algae, chamomile, and vitamin C. These all work together to hydrate the skin, reduce breakouts, clear pores, remove dead skin cells, and reduce signs of aging. Don’t waste your time with lesser exfoliants — get everything you need and more with Anthony’s Facial Scrub!
Want to learn even more about face scrub for men? If so, be sure to check out the great products and solutions available at Anthony today!