Exfoliating can feel extremely satisfying, as it’s the closest you can come to taking off the old layer of skin and putting on a new one. While most people focus on exfoliating their faces, it’s important to give your body attention, too. For example, if you suffer from back acne or you have rough skin around the knees or elbows, exfoliating is a great solution. And thanks to Anthony’s Exfoliating + Cleansing Bar, you can get a two-in-one product to cleanse and exfoliate your face and body.
But if you’ve never exfoliated or you’re unsure what to do with an exfoliating soap bar, you probably have a lot of questions. For example, what is an exfoliating soap bar and how does it differ from a traditional bar of soap? What are the benefits of exfoliating? What is the process you need to follow to rejuvenate your skin with an exfoliating soap bar? Finally, what is the best exfoliating soap bar on the market?
In today’s guide, we will answer all of these questions and more, so let’s get started!
What Is An Exfoliating Soap Bar?
An exfoliating soap bar wears many hats; it is part cleaner, part gentle scrubber. At first glance, you might look at an exfoliating soap bar and think it is no different from any regular soap you could find at the store. However, when you examine it more closely, you’ll find that exfoliating soap has a grittier texture.
The texture is a key part of what makes an exfoliating soap bar unique and useful. The gritty particles help catch and sweep away dead skin cells that would otherwise be left hanging around. This is something that regular soap simply cannot do on its own. However, it’s important to understand that exfoliating bars can vary in both efficacy and the roughness of their texture. This is because the types of particles present in exfoliating soap can vary from one brand to the next.
Some exfoliating soap bars contain ground-up natural materials, while others use synthetic beads. Either way, you should consider the ingredients in your soap before making a purchase. Generally, it is best to use exfoliating soaps with all-natural components. This way, you don’t have to worry about causing irritation or having negative reactions to synthetic materials.
Benefits Of Exfoliation
Exfoliation is like giving your skin a spring cleaning — except you shouldn’t wait months to do it! When you exfoliate, you sweep away the old skin and make way for something better. But rather than just talking about the general function of exfoliation, let’s take a closer look at some of the specific benefits:
- Reveal Fresh Skin - The primary benefit of exfoliation is the removal of dead skin, which reveals the fresh layer of skin underneath. Exfoliating soap bars are doubly beneficial, as they cleanse and scrub away old cells simultaneously.
- Even Out Rough Patches - Flaky skin or uneven patches can be uncomfortable and unflattering. Fortunately, the granules present in exfoliators provide a gentle abrasion, working to smooth the skin’s surface and refine its texture more and more each time.
- Boost Circulation - When done correctly, exfoliating the skin can help boost the circulation of blood in the face and body. This is because it necessitates the gentle massaging of the skin with an exfoliating soap or similar exfoliator, stimulating blood flow naturally. This is one of the simplest ways to help improve the natural regrowth processes of the skin.
- Improve Moisturizer Absorption - If you have an old layer of dead skin blocking the way to the new skin cells, it makes it much harder for moisturizer to get absorbed into the skin. By brushing away the dead cells, you can actually make moisturizers, serums, and other skin treatment products more effective.
- Reduce Breakouts - Exfoliating is a great way to clear blocked pores. If you exfoliate often enough, you can prevent the reblocking of these pores, greatly reducing the frequency of acne breakouts. As previously mentioned, exfoliating soap also cleanses the skin, which can help keep dirt and grime away from your pores as well.
- Mitigate Signs of Aging - Cell turnover is the process of old skin cells dying and being replaced by new skin cells. By constantly refreshing the surface of your skin, you can mitigate common signs of aging and keep yourself looking fresh and youthful.
- Budget-Friendly - Purchasing all the skincare products you need can get pretty expensive, which is why it’s important to save wherever you can. Thankfully, exfoliation products tend to be pretty affordable, and this is especially true of exfoliating soap bars. These bars often last much longer than liquid exfoliants, making them a great long-term investment in your skin.
How To Use An Exfoliating Soap Bar
Thankfully, you don’t need a PhD to exfoliate, but you should know the do’s and don’ts to avoid causing any unnecessary irritation to your skin. Plus, by following the best practices outlined below, you can rest easy knowing that you’re getting the most out of your exfoliating soap bar:
- Moisten your skin with lukewarm water, ensuring that you apply water to any part of your face or body that you plan to exfoliate
- Soften the exfoliating soap bar a little by holding it under running water for a few seconds
- Gently rub the soap bar in circular motions directly onto the skin; it’s better not to lather the soap with your hands first, as this will greatly reduce the soap’s exfoliating properties
- Massage the lather into your skin, allowing the exfoliating particles to do their work; do not press hard, as the particles will naturally remove dead skin cells without the need for excess pressure
- Rinse off the lather with warm water
- Gently pat your skin dry with a soft towel and follow up with a good moisturizer
It’s important to think about your skin and the area you want to exfoliate when deciding how you want to proceed. If you’re exfoliating your face and have sensitive skin, you may choose to lather the soap on your hands first. Alternatively, if you want to exfoliate an area with thicker, rougher skin, you may want to apply the exfoliating soap bar directly to the skin. Either way, make sure not to apply a lot of pressure, as this could end up irritating your skin.
And as far as frequency, you should always listen to your skin. Some people need to exfoliate once or twice each day (often in the morning and evening), while others prefer to exfoliate once or twice per week. It all depends on your skin type and personal skincare preferences.
Best Men's Exfoliating Bar Soap
Are you looking for a natural exfoliating soap that is ideal for your face and body? Then Anthony’s Exfoliating + Cleansing Bar is the answer. Not only does it sweep away dead skin cells and thoroughly clean the skin cells underneath, but it does so without the chemicals present in many other exfoliants. Anthony’s all-natural formula includes refreshing ingredients like coconut, cucumber, and grapefruit essence. This way, you can look AND smell great after every use!
Want to learn even more about exfoliating soap bars for men? If so, be sure to check out the great products and solutions available at Anthony today!