Cleansing water sounds pretty redundant. You already use “regular” water to shower and wash your hands, so what makes cleansing water special? The fact is that cleansing water refers to a unique kind of water-based cleanser that goes beyond what normal water (or normal cleansers) can do.
But what is a water-based face cleanser? How is it any better than washing your face with regular water? What’s in cleansing water that gives it unique properties? Is it easy to use? Finally, where can you find high-quality cleansing water for men?
In today’s guide, we will answer all of these questions and clear up the confusion surrounding cleansing water. So, let’s get started!
What Is Cleansing Water?
Cleansing water is a water-based skincare product that offers a gentler way to cleanse skin. Often known as “micellar water,” cleansing water contains tiny micelles that work kind of like magnets for dirt and grime. When you use cleansing water on your face, the micelles draw excess oil, dirt, and other impurities from the skin’s surface. Then, the micelles close around these impurities, making it easier to wipe them away without a lot of scrubbing or rinsing.
However, cleansing water may not be the perfect fit for every situation. For example, if you have rough skin or particularly oily skin that requires deep cleansing and exfoliation, cleansing water may not be enough on its own. Instead, you may need to use cleansing water in conjunction with a traditional cleanser or exfoliator.
Benefits Of Water Based Cleansing
While most people use water in their facial cleansing routine to one degree or another, using a water-based cleanser is something else entirely. Rather than just splashing a bit of water on your face, using cleansing water actually comes with a ton of unique benefits:
- Deep Facial Cleansing - It can not be overstated: just using water is not enough to clean your face! With a water-based cleanser, you get the natural cleaning properties of water with the addition of micelles to target unwanted oil and dirt. This way, you can get a deep facial cleansing without having to physically scrub your skin every day.
- Accessible For All Skin Types - While water-based cleansing is best for people with sensitive skin (because it is gentler than most alternatives), it is actually designed for all skin types. This makes it extremely accessible and applicable to virtually anyone. That said, if you do have particularly dry or oily skin, or you’re dealing with other skin-related issues, you may need to combine cleansing water with other skincare products.
- Oil & Acne-Fighting Properties - Cleansing water does a great job of balancing the oil levels of your skin and reducing the signs of acne. Rather than using a traditional cleanser or scrub that may cause irritation, you can still unclog your pores, remove excess oil, and alleviate acne with a much gentler water-based solution.
- Hydration Power - What’s more hydrating than H2O? When you use a water-based cleanser, it naturally leaves behind moisture, even after you wipe it off your face. This can help you avoid dealing with dry skin and generally ensure that your skin remains hydrated and healthy.
- Versatile Uses - Most people use water-based cleansers for the face, but they actually have a wide range of potential applications. They are a great way to prep the skin before applying other skincare products like moisturizers or serums. Plus, you can use them on the face or the body, and at virtually any time of day or night.
- Gentle & Soothing Sensation - As you might have noticed, the word “gentle” keeps popping up. This is because some people don’t like how irritating traditional cleansers can be to the skin. If you feel like you have sensitive skin, or you simply want to enjoy a gentle and soothing cleanse, a water-based cleanser is a great option. And since it is not greasy or heavy, you can rest easy knowing that the cleanser will leave you feeling refreshed afterward!
- Fast Application - If you have several steps you follow during your daily skincare routine, you may look for any way to save time. With traditional cleansers, you need to apply the cleanser and then use water to wash away any remaining product. Since cleansing water is water-based, you can skip the second step entirely. You can just apply the cleansing water and then go about your day!
How To Use Cleansing Water
Using cleansing water is super easy, but if this is your first time using a cleanser or you simply want a refresher course, here are the steps you should follow:
- Soak a cotton pad or cotton ball with the cleansing water; it does not need to be 100% saturated, but there should be enough to apply to all areas of your face (you may need to use more than one cotton pad)
- Gently wipe the wet cotton pad across your face; you’ll probably want to focus the most on problem areas, but you can feel safe using it on your entire face, as well as any parts of your body that you want to cleanse
- If you do have problem areas that need extra attention, lightly scrub those areas with the cotton pad; do NOT apply a lot of pressure, as this could cause unnecessary irritation, especially if you have sensitive skin
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 until you’ve cleansed your entire face (or whatever area of your body you’re using it on)
- (Optional) Follow up with your standard skincare routine, which may include moisturizers, serums, or special treatments
Keep in mind that you can use cleansing water at any time of day or night. It’s fine to cleanse with a water-based solution in the morning, at night before you go to bed, or even in the middle of the day for a quick refresh!
The Best Water Based Cleanser
Many people overlook water-based cleansers because they feel like they can get the same results (or even better results) from a more versatile product. Fortunately, you no longer have to feel like you’re just getting a basic, gentle cleanser when you opt for Anthony’s Kind Cleansing Water.
With our patented formula, you not only get the refreshing power of micellar water, but you also get a 2-in-1 cleanser and toner. This means you can do a deep cleanse without having to use harsh chemicals or elbow grease to get the job done! Plus, our formula includes unique ingredients that provide an even better experience, including rose water (soothing sensation and aroma), witch hazel (anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties), and sodium PCA (hydrating and anti-aging properties).
In short, if you’re on the fence about cleansing water, you shouldn’t be. It is one of the best natural cleansers for the face and body that won’t cause unnecessary irritation. Plus, it can help untrap dirt, grime, or oil that’s stuck in the pores of your face, alleviating acne and outbreaks. And with all the extra benefits that come with ingredients like rose water, witch hazel, and sodium PCA, you’ll be glad you added Anthony’s Kind Cleansing Water to your skincare routine!
Want to learn even more about cleansing water for men? If so, be sure to check out the great products and solutions available at Anthony today!