You already know that a strong cup of coffee can give you the energy to wake up and face the day. However, while it might make you feel energized for a little while, it won’t really help you look energized and wide awake. More specifically, if you’re dealing with under-eye circles, swollen skin around the eyes, or prominent fine lines around the mouth, eyes, and forehead, you need a wake up face gel that will help your face look alert and give you a little boost of energy at the same time!
There’s a lot of confusion surrounding wake up gels and what they actually do. While topical wake up gels have been around in one form or another for a while, many people are unfamiliar with their uses and benefits. As you’re reading this right now, you might have a lot of questions too. For example, what differentiates a wake up gel from any other facial treatment? What kind of ingredients can you find in a wake up gel? Do topical applications of caffeine and menthol provide you with energy? Finally, how can a quality wake up gel help treat a tired or aged face?
In today’s guide, we will answer all of these questions and more, but first, let’s look at how wake up gels really work:
How Wake Up Gels Work
How wake up gels work depends a lot on their formulations. A wake up gel from one provider may not offer the same results as a wake up gel from another. That said, wake up gels are generally designed to liven up tired or aged-looking skin. If you’ve ever gotten a bad night’s sleep before, you’re probably familiar with the unflattering look of a tired face. Your skin looks saggy, perhaps with deep or more prominent fine lines. You might struggle with dry skin that has a dull appearance. Puffiness and dark circles around the eyes are also extremely common.
A wake up gel works on two different fronts. Its first and primary function is to revitalize the skin of your face and make sure that you look energized. However, when you add ingredients like caffeine and menthol, you can also get a very small boost of energy when you first wake up. Seeing your energized face and actually getting a hint of energizing components at the same time can leave you feeling much better prepared to kick-start your day.
However, it’s important to note that using wake up gel is not like drinking an energy drink or a cup of coffee. It won’t make your heart race or make you feel jittery. Instead, it will give you a nice and subtle spark of energy when you first get up in the morning. Besides, the energy boost is not the main attraction. The real results can be seen in your face, especially if you commit to using wake up gel on a regular basis.
Wake up gel uses various ingredients to hydrate your skin, minimize fine lines, reduce puffiness and undereye circles, and generally brighten your appearance first thing in the morning. Once again, the mechanisms at work can depend on the ingredients involved. However, quality wake up gels use natural ingredients to invigorate your skin without causing unwanted damage or irritation.
Replenish & Hydrate As You Wake Up
Your skin is often at its worst when you first wake up. Perhaps you didn’t drink enough water the night before or you slept with the heater running all night. Either way, there’s a good chance that on any given morning, you’ll wake up to a tired and haggard face staring back at you in the mirror. Not only does this mean you won’t be looking your best, but it could also cause you to feel mentally exhausted right as you're trying to get your day started. Fortunately, you can hydrate your skin and replenish your energy at the same time with a naturally formulated wake up gel.
Here are a few ingredients to look out for when searching for a good wake up gel:
- Cactus Flower Extract - Cactus flower extract is known for its ability to hydrate and firm up the skin of your face. It contains high amounts of Vitamin E and other antioxidants, which can greatly benefit dry skin and help reduce inflammation.
- Green Tea - While drinking green tea has a lot of great health benefits, applying green tea extract to your skin has just as many benefits for your skin. It functions as an antibacterial agent that can gently exfoliate, unclog pores, and even treat mild cases of acne.
- Peppermint - Peppermint works to smooth rough skin and reduce puffiness. It also offers a soothing sensation that can be both calming and energizing to the skin.
- Caffeine - Caffeine applied directly to the skin not only offers a small boost of energy, but also firms up dry or aged skin.
- Menthol - Like caffeine, menthol provides a small boost of energy, even when it’s absorbed through the skin. It is also extremely soothing, providing alternating cooling and warming sensations.
How To Use Wake Up Face Gel
Once you’ve found a wake up face gel that works for you, it’s really easy to apply. Just remember: wake up gels are most effective when used regularly! With that in mind, here are the steps you need to follow to use wake up face gel:
- Cleanse your face with gentle wipes or a face cleanser of your choice in the morning (ideally soon after you get out of bed)
- Pat your face dry with a towel
- Apply a small amount (about the size of a dime) to your entire face, rubbing it into your skin with soft, circular motions
- Reapply the gel throughout the day as needed, particularly if you’re feeling tired or your skin needs some extra moisture
It’s important to note that most wake up face gels work with the majority of skin types. However, if you have sensitive skin, you may want to proceed with caution. Certain ingredients could cause irritation if your skin is particularly sensitive, so if you want to use a wake up face gel, make sure to start slowly and even consider consulting your physician or dermatologist before changing your skincare routine.
The Anthony Wake Up Call
Are you in need of a natural wake up call for your face? Do you want to ensure that your skin is hydrated and energized in the morning? Could a little extra caffeine and menthol help jumpstart your mornings? Finally, are you looking for a quality wake up gel for men? If so, Anthony has the solution for you with our Wake Up Call gel!
Anthony’s Wake Up Call utilizes caffeine, menthol, cactus flower extract, green tea, and peppermint to ensure that your face looks and feels hydrated and energized. You won’t have to worry about dark undereye circles, puffy eyes, or dry skin any longer. Plus, our Wake Up Call is even formulated to be used throughout the day — whenever you need a little extra hydration and energy!
Want to learn even more about wake up face gels for men? If so, be sure to check out the great products and solutions available at Anthony today!