While most men would like to think that they’ll look young forever, that simply isn’t the case. It’s easy to feel confident about the age of your skin during your teenage years, but as you get older, you’ll notice some huge differences in the way your skin looks and feels. It’s not uncommon for men to deal with dry, dull skin, as well as skin that has more wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. If you find yourself trying to look younger, you will need a skincare product that can actually provide anti-aging results. Fortunately, a glycolic acid serum could be the easiest and most effective way to take years off your face.
But if you’ve never used a glycolic acid serum before, you probably have a lot of questions. For instance, does glycolic acid burn? What does it do to your skin? What are the benefits of using a glycolic acid serum? Finally, where can you find a high-quality glycolic acid serum to add to your skincare routine?
In today’s guide, we will answer all of these questions and more, but first, let’s look at what glycolic acid serum is and how it works:
What Is Glycolic Acid Serum?
Glycolic acid serum is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) based skincare product primarily used for exfoliation. Glycolic acid works by removing the top layer of skin, and it is often stronger than most other texture-based exfoliants on the market. It works by speeding up cell turnover over a very short period of time. This means that the bonds connecting your newer, fresher skin cells to your older, dead skin cells can be broken, allowing the dead skin cells to be wiped away much more easily.
Removing dead skin cells is one of the easiest ways to have brighter, younger skin. Glycolic acid is ideal for men who want to fight signs of aging early and without invasive treatment. In the form of a serum, it can deliver higher concentrations of its active ingredient to the skin, allowing you to get all the benefits of glycolic acid in a smaller, more convenient package. And don’t worry, even though it has “acid” in the name, glycolic acid will not burn or cause any pain when applied to the skin.
The Benefits Of Glycolic Acid Serum
While glycolic acid is mostly thought of as an exfoliant, it does so much more than remove dead skin cells. In fact, a quality glycolic acid serum is one of the best treatments you can add to your skincare regimen. Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect when using a glycolic acid serum:
- Works as a Strong Exfoliant - As previously mentioned, glycolic acid greatly speeds up cell turnover to allow you to exfoliate your face more gradually. While strength will vary based on the formulation you use, glycolic acid serums are often very strong, efficient exfoliators. That said, they are not quite as strong as chemical peels, which can be quite painful. Fortunately, with an AHA serum, you don’t have to worry about unwanted skin irritation or needing to “recover.”
- Minimizes Signs of Aging - Glycolic acid serums help to firm and lift sagging skin. At the same time, they can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and create more plump and youthful-looking skin. While many skincare products claim to be anti-aging, glycolic acid serums can actually back it up with results.
- Protects and Stimulates Collagen Production - In addition to reducing signs of aging, glycolic acid serums also help boost production. Collagen is a protein that helps keep your skin firm. As you age, collagen production naturally declines. Regularly applying glycolic acid protects collagen production from the effects of aging and can actually help stimulate greater collagen production going forward.
- Controls Discoloration - If you struggle with hyperpigmentation or age spots, glycolic acid can reduce or even completely remove these issues. This can give you a more uniform complexion, which helps your skin look more youthful.
- Keeps Pores Clean and Small - Exfoliating is one of the best ways to unclog pores and reduce the size of pores in general, and glycolic acid serums are particularly effective at doing both. As glycolic acid unclogs pores, it gives your pores the chance to shrink, a change that can become permanent with time.
- Treats and Prevents Ingrown Hairs and Acne - Glycolic acid serums are also very good at preventing ingrown hairs and treating acne breakouts. This improves the overall clarity of your skin and reduces the appearance of unsightly hair follicles.
- Improves Skincare Product Absorption - Having layers of dead skin cells on your face makes it much harder to use other skincare products, particularly moisturizers. The dead skin cells work as a barrier between virtually any skincare treatments and the healthy skin underneath. Fortunately, a good glycolic acid serum can remove dead skin cells and allow other products to be more easily absorbed.
- Brightens and Enhances Skin - Dead skin cells have a way of making your complexion look dull and lifeless. When you remove these cells using a glycolic acid serum, you reveal the brighter skin underneath. This can greatly improve your overall complexion and leave your skin looking and feeling refreshed.
How To Use Glycolic Acid Serum
Unlike most exfoliators, glycolic acid serum does not need to be washed off. Instead, you can simply apply it and go about your day. This makes it a very convenient option for men who don’t want to add a lot of extra time and effort to their skincare routine. In any case, if this is your first time using a glycolic acid serum, you just need to follow these steps:
- Cleanse your face with the facial cleanser of your choice
- Apply a few drops (3 to 4 is usually sufficient) to the skin of your face
- Use your hands to gently massage the serum across your face and neck, but be careful to avoid the eye area
- Wait at least 30 seconds after applying the glycolic acid serum to use moisturizers or other skincare products
It’s important to note that you can generally get the best results from a glycolic acid serum if you apply it once in the morning and once at night. This way, you’re removing dead skin cells and revealing a younger face as soon as you wake up and right before you go to bed.
The Best Glycolic Acid Serum For Anti-Aging
Are you looking for a glycolic acid serum that can help you look younger in as little as 2 weeks? Do you want an effective skin treatment that can exfoliate and reduce signs of aging at the same time? Finally, are you looking for the absolute best glycolic acid serum formulation on the market? If so, Anthony has the solution with our High Performance Anti-Wrinkle Glycolic Peptide Serum.
Anthony’s High Performance Anti-Wrinkle Glycolic Peptide Serum doesn’t just offer younger-looking skin and smaller pores. It also rejuvenates your skin and creates a brighter complexion thanks to a combination of glycolic acid, peptides, biotin, algae, and pullulan. These work to improve the elasticity of your skin, further enhance collagen production, and keep your skin hydrated and happy!
Want to learn even more about glycolic acid serum for anti-aging? If so, be sure to check out the great products and solutions available at Anthony today!