The medical community has used glycolic acid as a treatment for mild to moderate acne for more than a decade. As the efficacy and safety of glycolic acid became more widely known, it also became a staple of many of the most popular skincare products on the market. While more research is coming out all the time, glycolic acid appears to be one of the most innovative skincare ingredients of the 21st century. For this reason, millions of men are turning to products that include glycolic acid for everything from standard exfoliation to more intensive acne treatment.
But if you’ve never used glycolic acid or exfoliating face wipes before, you probably have a few questions. What is glycolic acid and how does it work? What do glycolic wipes do? What are the benefits for the skin beyond acne reduction? Finally, where can you get high-quality glycolic acid face wipes for men?
In today’s guide, we will answer all of these questions and more, so let’s get started!
What Are Glycolic Acid Wipes?
Glycolic acid is a type of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that is used to exfoliate skin. Its natural properties are used to safely clean away dead skin cells and excess oil (sebum), while also reducing the prevalence of clogged pores. Glycolic acid wipes (or AHA wipes) are simply exfoliating wipes for the face. The wipes are infused with glycolic acid (and often other ingredients) to easily exfoliate and cleanse the skin, without the need for additional exfoliation products.
What Do Glycolic Acid Wipes Do?
While you can always cleanse and exfoliate your face with a regular face wipe, glycolic acid wipes kick things up a notch. In fact, there are tons of amazing benefits of using glycolic acid wipes on a regular basis. Here is just a glimpse of what these wipes can do:
- Enhanced Exfoliation - Face wipes can exfoliate your skin to a degree, but glycolic acid is a natural exfoliant that enhances the effects of the physical application of wipes to the outer layer of the skin. Glycolic acid helps lift dead skin cells from the skin, allowing them to be swept away by the wipe itself. Enhanced yet gentle glycolic acid exfoliation can help improve the texture and even pigmentation of your skin.
- Healthy Skin Cell Turnover - When you exfoliate, you remove dead skin cells and excess oil from the surface of the skin, allowing newer, fresher skin cells to be exposed. Glycolic acid wipes help promote the natural process of skin cell turnover in a healthy way. While more extreme methods can cause burning and even scarring, glycolic acid exfoliation is a completely safe, healthy, and natural way to promote cell turnover and achieve better-looking skin.
- Deeper Skin Penetration - As previously mentioned, wipes are great for getting dead skin cells and excess oil off of the surface of the skin. But if you really want to get a deep, satisfying exfoliation, you need the natural exfoliating properties of glycolic acid. Glycolic acid has the ability to penetrate deeper into the layers of your skin, which can help unclog pores and remove even more dead skin cells than many other types of exfoliation.
- Strong Brightening Effect - Glycolic acid wipes have the natural effect of evening out your skin tone and reducing instances of hyperpigmentation. This also has the effect of reducing “dull” spots that may appear on your face from time to time. In doing so, you can benefit from brighter and more uniform-looking skin.
- Natural Collagen Stimulation - Collagen is the protein that keeps your skin firm and young. As you age, collagen production slows down, which is why it’s so important to boost collagen product however you can. Studies show that glycolic acid has the ability to boost collagen production, creating younger skin with regular application.
- At-Home Acne Treatment - While you should always talk to your doctor or dermatologist before making changes to a prescribed skincare regimen, glycolic exfoliating wipes offer an effective at-home treatment for acne. If you have acne, you know that it can be difficult to find products that are strong enough to make a difference, but gentle enough not to cause excessive irritation. Glycolic acid wipes find a perfect middle ground and help clear away unwanted oil and dead skin cells that contribute to acne breakouts.
How To Use Glycolic Acid Wipes
Glycolic acid wipes often have two sides that serve two different purposes. This means that you’ll need to follow a specific process to get the most out of your AHA wipes. But don’t stress — the process is easy to learn. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Use a facial cleanser on your skin to remove any dirt or debris
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel
- Take out a single glycolic acid wipe and use the textured side to gently wipe your face and neck; this is the primary step for exfoliation, so you may be tempted to apply pressure, but it’s important to use a softer touch so that you don’t cause unnecessary irritation
- Flip the wipe over to the “smooth” side and wipe your face and neck; this is the cleansing part of the process, when the glycolic acid has the chance to penetrate deeper into the skin to unclog pores and provide a more even tone
- Do NOT rinse your face after using the glycolic acid wipe
- Wait a few minutes and follow up with a quality facial moisturizer
You can use most glycolic acid wipes in the morning, evening, or both. It all depends on your skin type and needs. Most men only need to exfoliate with glycolic acid once per day, but you may find that it works best for you to use them more frequently (as often as twice a day) or even less frequently (just a few times a week). Some glycolic acid formulations are too strong to use every day, so it’s important to check the packaging before you get started.
It’s also important to note that, like nearly all skincare wipes, glycolic acid wipes can dry out. If you leave the package unsealed when you’re finished, the wipes could dry up and become completely useless. So, always remember to tightly reseal the package when you’re done.
The Best Glycolic Acid Face Wipes For Men
Do you want a simple and easy way to treat acne at home? Are you dealing with overly dry or oily skin? Have you struggled to find an exfoliation product that actually works for your skin type? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then Anthony’s Glycolic Exfoliating and Resurfacing Wipes are the answer.
Our glycolic exfoliating face wipes feature both textured and smooth sides to ensure that you can exfoliate and clean away dead skin cells and accumulated oil with ease. With a simple 30-second application to your face and neck, you can enjoy invigorated and refreshed skin in the morning or the evening. It’s the perfect solution for men of virtually all skin types. So, whether your skin tends to be very dry, very oily, or somewhere in between, you can benefit from Anthony’s Glycolic Exfoliating and Resurfacing Wipes!
Want to learn even more about glycolic acid exfoliating face wipes? If so, be sure to check out the great products and solutions available at Anthony today!