ABOUT THE BRAND
Anthony, created in 2000 in the heart of Soho, NY., has become the first point of call for many men who value high-quality ingredients and effective skincare regimens. Anthony was created because men strive to find a skincare brand that meets their grooming needs. Men desire an uncomplicated routine, which is why Anthony formulated a straightforward, innovative, and result-oriented skincare brand for men.
For over 20 years, Anthony has continued to develop advanced, cutting-edge, and easy-to-use skincare for men. Anthony products fuse natural ingredients with the latest science and advanced technology to deliver remarkable results and add beneficial vitamins to the skin. Anthony’s straightforward yet innovative approach to skincare and grooming for men has bolstered their reputation as an industry leader.
All Anthony products are designed to deliver results you can feel and see effectively. Anthony believes the products men use should be of the highest quality, allergy and dermatologist tested, and cruelty-free. All Anthony products are made in the USA.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting directly and functionally to the CEO, the International Director will be in charge of developing and growing the Brand International presence and business through DTR (direct to Retail), distributors and D2C business models and through markets and growth opportunities prospection and analysis, establishing and monitoring annual goals, sales budget and handling corresponding P&L.
Key responsibilities also include, liaising with existing regional partners to provide strategic direction and overseeing calendars, pricing, forecasting support.
Through strategic vision, strong partnership and clear communication, the International Director will help ensure that business priorities are met and that markets have what they need to drive the business with strong 360˚ marketing activations. This position will also help ensure that markets follow brand guidelines locally to build global brand image consistency, strong brand equity and business results.
Prospection & Existing Partnership Growth
- Activate new Distributor/Retailer Business (Countries) and improve existing accounts in order to guarantee a sustainable business growth, acting as a Brand Ambassador
- Responsible for distribution contract development and execution, with the support of the company lawyer or legal advisor
- Analyze International markets, with the aim of establishing a short-medium-long term commercial and pricing strategies and the best commercial and marketing actions accordingly
- Create and implement International Sales analytical work tools, establishing sales forecast and P&L monitoring tools.; conduct marketing presentations to clients and Retailers, adapting the marketing plan, launches and presentations in accordance to needs and Brand guidelines
- Be the liaison between Regions and Anthony HQ to secure the service level required by the clients
- Define regional programing calendars with regional partners
- Support the brand launch in markets ensuring all cross-functional partners in HQ are synced up with regional team as necessary
- Send feedback to markets on plans and requests
- Represent the markets as necessary and ensure projects are completed on time
- Communicate to markets on all asset updates and availability timely and effectively
Forecasting / Operations
- Oversee launch and POS forecast guidelines for Regions, ensuring markets have all the support they need to appropriately dimension new Brand launch
- Work with Regions to answer any questions on forecasting and ensure that new product forecasts are submitted on time
- Ensure all markets’ sampling plans align with HQ strategy and capabilities
- Ensure all retailer sku set up forms are completed and accurate in timely manner
- Advise and ensure assortment is correct by market, updating for new launches
- Develop pricing strategy in partnership with CEO and CMO
- Perform pricing analysis on key skus or categories, as needed
- A day-to-day basis negotiate and handle the price structure and commercial conditions through accounts
- Communicate key strategic updates to the Regions
- Share Region / market performance and key brand highlights with CEO and CMO on a weekly basis
Regional Partner Management
- Lead bi-weekly meetings
- Synthesize and update internal team on business results on a regular cadence
- Provide ongoing annual budgets and LE updates for retail and net sales
- Manage newness and sampling forecast requests in collaboration with HQ; keeping regional team in the loop
- Vet ongoing monthly forecasts from Region planning team for opportunities
- Ensure all marketing activating, programing and partnership (including sampling) is approved by CMO
- Partner with CMO to brief in any Region-specific products sets and assets for marketing initiatives
- BS in Business, and/or MBA with a quantitative focus, or advanced degrees in international business
- 15+ years of international, distribution partnership experience in the beauty industry with APAC, EMEA and LATAM regions
- Already managed and developed international retail and wholesale business for a beauty brand
- Able to build an international strategy for a small but growing beauty brand as well as finding the right regional partner
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude, and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects – work prioritization and planning
- Highly analytical, solutions-oriented, with strong attention to detail and ability to work efficiently, prioritize, and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines